Xtreme Madden League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 2

lilgame06
    lilgame06

lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 2 Empty lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 2

Post by lilgame06 January 11th 2013, 12:51 am

Whats good folks? Last year in XML 12, I started a feature where I picked a few games a week. It was a fun little feature thats not that hard to keep up with. So to help step some league content up, I'm looking to start that feature back up again. The way that I'll do it this time around is that I'll pick 4 to 5 particular games a week. To make it easy and more likely that there will be a chance that all teams are involved, I'll pick them based off of the in-game schedule. I'll pick the prime time games each week (Thursday Night, Sunday afternoon 4:15 game, Sunday Night, and Monday Night). I'll also choose a wild card game, which will be the most intriguing 1pm matchup every week. My only rule is that I won't pick a winner for any game that I'm involved in.

For each matchup, I'll break down the keys to the game, and pick a winner with an estimated final score. If I pick the winner correctly, regardless of the score, I'll score a win for that matchup. I'll keep a record of my picks each and every week and total em up through the end of the season. With advance being every Monday, Weds, Friday, ill be looking to post my picks for each week on the night before advance (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday). With that said, if anybody has any requests or ideas for this feature, feel free to spit your ideas at me. Otherwise, lets get to the picks for Week 2.

Lilgame06's Prime Time Picks! 2014, Week 2

Welp, not the greatest start to my picks on the season, haha. 2-3 start for me so far as only the Ravens and Buccaneers won for me. Just to note, I just realized that the in-game schedule doesn't have Thursday night games until week 11 (like how it used to be last year, before they started doing TNF every Thursday at the start of this season). So this will lower me to 4 games a week (1pm Wild-Card pick, 4:15 Afternoon game, SNF, MNF) until Thursday games start back up. Cool? Lets get to pickin...

Sunday 1 PM Wild Card Pick Em' on FOX - Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) @ Dallas Cowboys (0-1): In this matchup of NFC East foes, Orph and Blammers take their teams to battle in Jerry World. The Eagles come into the land that Jerry built off of a successful offensive showing over the Browns. Carson Palmer made his regular season debut as an Eagle with an efficient game, but was largely helped by 198 total yards from LeSean McCoy. The Cowboys are looking to bounce back from a head scratcher against the Giants in their home opener last week. They played well...aside from Tony Romo's 4 interceptions. Expect Tony Romo to play a large role in how this one goes. If he turns the ball over, you can pretty much bank a victory by the Eagles...and I think its inevitable.
    Eagles 35, Cowboys 28

Sunday 4:15 America's Game of the Week on CBS - New England Patriots (0-1) @ Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1): Interesting matchup here between the Pats and the Jags. Both teams are coming off of losses. So it'll be intriguing to see how each responds to opening the season on the downside. The Jaguars should be feeling good with how QB Ryan Mallett played last week, throwing for nearly 400 yards against the Dolphins. But in the end, turnovers sealed their fate. The Patriots have to bounceback from a rough coaching debut for Coach DoubleD. Seven turnovers and poor rush defense attributed to the loss against the Bills, where the debut of Rookie QB Colby Whitaker was spoiled by his six interceptions. Both teams will be hungry to get a win in this one, but after what ray rice did to the Pats, I'm not sure how they find a way to stop CJ Spiller from putting up similar numbers. Patriots 20, Jaguars 31

Sunday Night Football 8:20pm on NBC - Oakland Raiders (0-1) @ Kansas City Chiefs (1-0): For the second week in a row, an AFC West showdown is being hosted under the lights in Kansas City. The Chiefs are back to their old ways after opening the season rolling over the Chargers. They look bound for another run at the AFC crown. The Raiders come of a loss, in which they should feel good about their Rookie QB, who made his debut with a 3 td performance, only turning the ball over once. But defensively, they gave up over 400 yards to the Buccaneers offense. If the wholes in the Raiders defense persist, expect the Chiefs to make them pay big time. Raiders 20, Chiefs 30

Monday Night Football 8:30PM on ESPN - Miami Dolphins (1-0) @ Tennessee Titans (0-1): We end the week with what should be a good one between the Phins and the Titans. The Dolphins opened their season with a win against the Jaguars. Kenny Britt torched the Jaguars Defense for 211 yards on 8 receptions. He should be pumped up in his first game in Nashville since being traded to Miami. The Titans had the grasp of one against the Texans down in Houston last week. But kept giving up big plays to let them back in the game. In the end though, it was rookie QB Bo Fussell's costly interceptions that cost his team. The rookie will have to play a much more efficient game in his home debut, or else the Nashville fans will be giving him an earful. Tannehill came into the season with a determination to lower his turnovers. He did well in game 1 throwing only one INT. It'll be key on Monday Night for him to continue to do that. Kenny Britt will be looking to help him do so. Should be a nailbiter of a game! Dolphins 24, Titans 21

OVERALL PICKS RECORD: 2-3...........Week 3 picks will be up Sunday Night!
    BigJohnMic
    BigJohnMic

lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 2 Empty Re: lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 2

Post by BigJohnMic January 11th 2013, 1:31 am

All these game features a one loss team... gotta avoid the 0-2 hole, fellas!
    TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 2 Empty Re: lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 2

Post by TheDarkKnight50 January 11th 2013, 3:43 am

Another good read!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 6:41 am