Draft Grades

BigJohnMic

Draft Grades

Post by BigJohnMic on March 14th 2013, 1:21 am

How did your squad do in the draft? Have an awesome success story about a deep sleeper? Bummed out you missed on a player you had to have? Let us know! Post below your grade (ex: A, B, C, D or F) and why you'd give that grade. Thanks! Wish all of you the best this season!

indo501

Re: Draft Grades

Post by indo501 on March 14th 2013, 1:23 am

B. Got some really solid players. Probably no difference makers though.

J_Mullins82

Post by J_Mullins82 on March 14th 2013, 3:41 am

I would give myself an A-, I picked up two instant starters at QB and FS and added key depth at many positions. Only two players that were drafted and were not at least 72 ovr were drafted by CPU. Only reason for the A- and not A or A+ is becuz I let Skins jump ahead of me to take my true QB target Callaway.

Nytitan21

Post by Nytitan21 on March 14th 2013, 2:34 pm

Ill let ya know at the end of the season lol

Round 1 pick 1: FS Furious Foster 81 overall
    Round 1 pick 6: LG Matt Gray 89 overall
    Round 2 pick 17: TE Stuart Hagar 74 overall
    Round 2 pick 19: LOLB TJ Jones 74 overall
    Round 3 pick 17: P Will McGowan 81 overall
    Round 3 pick 26: CB Gregory Phillips 63 overall
    Round 4 pick 1: WR Tyrus Chance 77 overall
    Round 4 pick 3: HB Frankie Daniels 69 overall
    Round 4 pick 17: DT Mike Hubbard 69 overall
    Round 5 pick 17: CB KJ Williams 69 overall
    Round 6 and 7 were simmed and both cut from my team

John5153

Post by John5153 on March 14th 2013, 9:29 pm

C-

* got a decent slot wr (young)
    * a qb that could challenge for starting position (jones)
    * stud linebacker that can play anywhere....if I was in a 4-3 lol

hass

Post by hass on March 14th 2013, 11:44 pm

I'd go with a C- as well.

traded Roddy for 3rd ovr pick, once Foster was off the board I didn't really have anyone in mind I wanted in his place so just drafted a replacement for him.

Picked up a bunch of role players after that. Aside from maybe SS Allen.. we'll see how he does in the starting role for a few weeks.

BigJohnMic

Post by BigJohnMic on March 15th 2013, 3:52 pm

Redskins Draft Grade: A

My draft was built around the fact that I had three 1st round picks. I was able to parlay one of those picks into WR Greg Jennings. That left me with two 1st round picks. I then traded WR Leonard Hankerson and CB Ish Evans to Atlanta for the 19 overall pick. Thus, back to three 1st rounders.

Round 1, Pick 2 - QB Dante Callaway, UNLV: After trading RG3 and netting this pick among others, I've had my eyes on Callaway all year. His throwing attritbutes are remarkably similar to current backup QB Ryan Mallett. Two major differences: (1) Athleticism and (2) Traits. Callaway has very good speed and ability to escape the pocket. Additionally, he posses all the major traits that Mallett does not (i.e. - Force Passes, Ideal sense of Pressure, etc.), which means he won't airmail passes when pressured on key third downs. Huge get here at #2.

Round 1, Pick 9 - CB Devin Mangiro, Miami (FL): My original draft pick here. Mangiro has all the skills to become a very good corner in the XML. And, at present, he will play the Nickel Corner. Great speed and acceleration. Very good at man and zone coverage (86 mcv, 81 zcv?), and an awareness that is good enough to warrant immediate playing time.

Round 1, Pick 19 - WR Taquwan Martin, Miami (FL)?: I'm pretty sure Mangiro and him were teammates, not in front of PS3 right now. Excellent receiving skills, especially for the slot (oddly enough, he'll be taking Leonard Hankerson's job... another Hurricane). Great speed and quickness should put him in a position to be an immediate presence in the offense.

Round 2 - MLB E.J. Reeder, Michigan: Literally, asked a guy in another league who I should pick since I have a lack of depth at LB... and he threw out this dude's name. I was thrilled to see his skill set. Has good ability to shed blocks and thump opposing players. If MLBs Perry Riley and Logan Bollinger don't play well or suffer an injury, look for Mr. Reeder to fill in quite admirably.

Betta_thanu

Post by Betta_thanu on March 15th 2013, 7:05 pm

Can't go wrong with anyone coming outta Da U. Solid picks, we ain't got no busts coming outta this school as oppose to USC and many others around the country Very Happy

BigJohnMic

Post by BigJohnMic on March 15th 2013, 8:12 pm

Betta_thanu wrote:Can't go wrong with anyone coming outta Da U. Solid picks, we ain't got no busts coming outta this school as oppose to USC and many others around the country Very Happy

PREACH! Very Happy Hahaha!

Current date/time is April 19th 2014, 7:57 am