Xtreme Madden League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Mowarrior79
jsack11
hass
lilgame06
8 posters

lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 1

lilgame06
    lilgame06

lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 1 Empty lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 1

Post by lilgame06 January 8th 2013, 7:51 pm

Whats good folks? Last year in XML 12, I started a feature where I picked a few games a week. It was a fun little feature thats not that hard to keep up with. So to help step some league content up, I'm looking to start that feature back up again. The way that I'll do it this time around is that I'll pick 4 to 5 particular games a week. To make it easy and more likely that there will be a chance that all teams are involved, I'll pick them based off of the in-game schedule. I'll pick the prime time games each week (Thursday Night, Sunday afternoon 4:15 game, Sunday Night, and Monday Night). I'll also choose a wild card game, which will be the most intriguing 1pm matchup every week. My only rule is that I won't pick a winner for any game that I'm involved in.

For each matchup, I'll break down the keys to the game, and pick a winner with an estimated final score. If I pick the winner correctly, regardless of the score, Ill score a win for that matchup. I'll keep a record of my picks each and every week and total em up through the end of the season. With advance being every Monday, Weds, Friday, ill be looking to post my picks for each week on the night before advance (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday). With that said, if anybody has any requests or ideas for this feature, feel free to spit your ideas at me. Otherwise, lets get to the picks for Week 1.

Lilgame06's Prime Time Picks! 2014, Week 1

Thursday Night Football XML Season Opener on NBC - San Diego Chargers (0-0) @ Kansas City Chiefs (0-0): The last two AFC champions of XML square off in an epic division battle to start the season. This rivalry between two of XML's best has been one of the most even rivalries throughout XML 13. Key to this matchup with be each teams new additions. The Chiefs beefed up their offensive line, looking to continue to open up more holes for the explosive Jamaal Charles and keep one of XML's least sacked QBs in Joe Flacco standing tall in the pocket. The Chargers added some new toys on offense with the additions of the lighting fast HB Troy Woods, young speedy receiver Avius Allen, and the 6'7'' former basketball player turned TE Jordan Cosgrove. It should be a good one under the lights in Kansas City. These two stingy defenses are as strong as they've ever been, but I expect the Chargers offense to make the first splash, and the defense to hold it in check in a close one. Chargers 19, Chiefs 14

Sunday 1 PM Wild Card Pick Em' on FOX - Chicago Bears (0-0) @ Indianapolis Colts (0-0): Talk about a slobberknocker! Another matchup of XML elites pits Sully's Bears against MIMs Colts. The last time these two faced off was week 1 of the 2012 season, and the Bears won, sacking Andrew Luck multiple times in his welcome to the XML. This time around, Andrew Luck and his offense are beyond one of the most explosive in the league. He's amongst the league leaders in TD passes since he's entered the league. And now they've added a strong powerful veteran running back in Steven Jackson. The Bears on the otherhand have lost many of its veteran players on defense, and are still rebuilding their offensive line. As tough as their defense will come to play in this game, I can't imagine it'll be too long before Andrew Luck and the gang are able to get some points on the board. Bears 17, Colts 27

Sunday 4:15 America's Game of the Week on CBS - Oakland Raiders (0-0) @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-0): The highly anticipated debut of Rookie QB Kevin Boyce highlights this matchup down in Tampa as the Raiders make the east coast trip to visit the Buccaneers. The Raiders come in sporting new defensive additions, including veteran MLB Bart Scott, and top 5 rookie draft pick CB Jaron Odom, in hopes of backing their rookie QB in his first start as an NFL QB. The Buccs on the otherhand return with the same cast of characters Josh Freeman and his deeper than ever receiver corp. The matchup of the day to watch will definitely have all eyes on CB Jaron Odom matching up with WRs Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams. They will equal a large test for the youngster in his pro debut. In the end, look for the rookie qb to struggle on his first trip from west to east. Raiders 13, Buccaneers 28

Sunday Night Football on NBC - Tennessee Titans (0-0) @ Houston Texans (0-0): The TnT rivalry resumes in Houston as the defending AFC South Champion Texans host the revived Tennessee Titans. The Titans are leaving the Texans defensive staff with much to think about with no starting QB announced to this point. But regardless of which QB is named the starter, the key will be the defense keeping the HB tandem of Chris Johnson and Troy Franklin in check, and forcing whichever QB that plays to chuck the rock around. The Texans will definitely have to get creative and find ways to neutralize all the speed that the Titans defense has acquired in the off-season. NO PICK

Monday Night Football 7PM on ESPN - Baltimore Ravens (0-0) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (0-0): In the first of two Monday Night games to open the season, The Ravens head to the big ketchup bottle to battle it out with the defending AFC North champion Steelers. The Steelers are coming off of a big playoff run that had them in the AFC Championship. With their stud HB Boudreaux back and healthy, and new additions to their offensive line and defensive line, the Steelers are going to look to re-establish themselves with some old school Steeler football, running the ball and getting to the QB. The Ravens on the other hand have a new QB in town. Tom Brady will make his Raven debut and will be asked to force an extremely young WR corp to grow up fast if they want to get back to winning ball games consistently. The Ravens definitely need to use this game to make a statement to the Steelers, and I think they'll do just that in my upset pick of the week. Ravens 17, Steelers 16

Monday Night Football 10:15PM on ESPN - St. Louis Rams (0-0) @ San Francisco 49ers (0-0): In the final game of the week, the defending XML Bowl champion St. Louis Rams will open their season on the road against their rival 49ers at the Candlestick. Second year QB Kian McKenzie is looking to start fresh after a unsuccessful rookie campaign. He'll be led by his veteran offensive weapons in Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Anquan Boldin, and others to go along with their stout defense. The Rams may be fielding themselves a new QB to go along with their new offensive weapon in number 1 overall pick WR Trent Pratt. The highly touted WR will find himself in a tough matchup going up against CBs Carlos Rogers and Chris Culliver. It'll be up to Rookie QB Czaplewski to make the right decisions and not force the issue of trying to get the ball to his new toy. But the biggest key will be which star MLB has the biggest impact on the game. Will it be perennial pro bowler Patrick Willis? Or reigning rookie and defensive player of the year Marvin Krunch. I got my money on Krunch and the defending XML Bowl champs. Rams 27, 49ers 14

Let me know your thoughts folks! Week 2 picks will be up Thursday Night!
    hass
    hass

lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 1 Empty Re: lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 1

Post by hass January 8th 2013, 7:57 pm

Great stuff Game.

Looking forward to the weekly picks/content.
    jsack11
    jsack11

lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 1 Empty Re: lilgame06's Prime Time Picks: 2014, Week 1

Post by jsack11 January 8th 2013, 8:13 pm

Awesome stuff as always, Game.
    Mowarrior79

Post by Mowarrior79 January 8th 2013, 8:17 pm

Great write up.

I'm also looking forward to these.

I agree with all your picks except Da Bears will beat the colts Laughing
    Nytitan21
    Nytitan21

Post by Nytitan21 January 8th 2013, 8:28 pm

lol lame, your gonna pick against me every week Evil or Very Mad

lol great write ups tho! love content like this
    indo501
    indo501

Post by indo501 January 8th 2013, 10:02 pm

Good stuff even if I will lose
    BigJohnMic
    BigJohnMic

Post by BigJohnMic January 9th 2013, 1:22 am

D, you da man, as usual. Well written.
    As for picks... gimme Bolts, Bears, Texans (sorry Mike, tough road venue), Steelers and Rams
    TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

Post by TheDarkKnight50 January 9th 2013, 4:30 am

Awesome job man! I like it...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 4:44 am