Xtreme Madden League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

League Starting Soon

TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

League Starting Soon Empty League Starting Soon

Post by TheDarkKnight50 September 12th 2012, 1:07 am

So I've read that the Connected Careers roster update is being released Friday. We WILL open up the franchise starting then. I hope to see everyone sign into the league ASAP as we will be ready to roll. As has been voted on we will advance through each preseason week (1-4) every 24 hours. You are more than welcome to try and schedule with your opponents in an attempt to try out your teams however if your game is not completed it will merely be simulated at the 24 hour mark. This will give everyone time to progress players, practice, negotiate, etc. whatever that comes during that time also.

The other online vote we had was regarding how we should kick off the league with free agency. It was voted on to have a 32 pick draft sweep to acquire free agents. When signing free agents out of free agency, players don't have big salaries like they do during the off season. You may sign a guy for 1 year only and usually the offer is under 2 million dollars that season. So I don't see a huge issue there. During the season we are going to have a post and sign method with which we'll get further into at a later date here. For now, worry about the free agent draft that we will hold. I'm really only figuring we can either do a random team order or last years rookie draft order to sort the free agents. And again, after THIS season we will use the in game off season free agency where teams can make their offers and the player decides where to go.

We are going to use our old Monday-Wednesday-Friday (MWF) advance method again. It worked very well last time we used it so we'll give it a shot again this time. The actual advance date through preseason Week 1 is undetermined as it will really matter how fast guys sign up for the league this weekend. Of course you can check here and AIM for any updates regarding that.

When we start the league we WILL require you create your coach. It is up to you whether you want to GameFace your head coach but remember once you decide then you are stuck with that image in game. Make sure you like the GameFace if you do so. I won't require GameFace, but again we will require that you create your coach to start with a legacy score of 0. And I also want to mention that you MUST have your real name as your head coach name. Not a phony one, not a PSN identity, use your real name to add to the authenticity of the league. All rules and regulations will be similar of that in the past but I will detail that more soon once we open up the league.

Otherwise we are ready to roll I am pretty sure. If there are any other questions out there please ask away but I think for the most part for right now we've covered the bases on what will be happening ahead. FRIDAY WE WILL OPEN UP THE LEAGUE FOR SIGN INS (as long as EA doesn't pull a fast one on us).
    TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

League Starting Soon Empty Re: League Starting Soon

Post by TheDarkKnight50 September 12th 2012, 1:19 am

http://www.draftpicklottery.com/

This is the link we could use for a random draft order for the free agent draft (thanks NYTitan).
    TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

Post by TheDarkKnight50 September 12th 2012, 1:37 am

I was also asked if injuries would be on or off for preseason and the answer is they will be OFF. Also worth mentioning that I am leaning towards the random draft order.
    jsack11
    jsack11

Post by jsack11 September 12th 2012, 3:09 am

Bik...please don't use your game face.
    Zsirvone28

Post by Zsirvone28 September 12th 2012, 11:21 am

So are we doing the FA Draft Friday then? because I won't have any available time Friday or Saturday.
    BigJohnMic
    BigJohnMic

Post by BigJohnMic September 12th 2012, 11:37 am

TheDarkKnight50 wrote:I was also asked if injuries would be on or off for preseason and the answer is they will be OFF. Also worth mentioning that I am leaning towards the random draft order.
    +1
    psychomantis930
    psychomantis930

Post by psychomantis930 September 12th 2012, 6:51 pm

+2
    TheDarkKnight50
    TheDarkKnight50
    Admin

Post by TheDarkKnight50 September 12th 2012, 9:57 pm

Zsirvone28 wrote:So are we doing the FA Draft Friday then? because I won't have any available time Friday or Saturday.
    Definetely not. We will just be opening it up then. Will post what day soon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 1:51 pm